Sunday, July 14, 2013

Welcome to my Blog

Hello,
My name is Forrest, I am here to write this blog so that I may learn more about my God and Savior, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, and I would love it if you would read and comment on what you read here.  It is simply going to be myself commenting on scripture and trying to learn new things.

My goal is to do this weekly, God willing.  I will focus on one passage of scripture, it could be as much as a chapter or as little as a few verses.  The point of this blog is to listen to what God has to say and try to understand some new things.

I am here to hopefully sharpen you and to have myself sharpened, as it says in Proverbs:

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." -Proverbs 27:17

If you would like to see a certain passage done, I would gladly do that.  I believe that:

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." -2 Timothy 3:16-17.  

Here is a summary of what I believe and hold to be true; this is the Nicene Creed.


We believe in one God, 

the Father, the Almighty, 
maker of heaven and earth, 
of all that is, seen and unseen. 



We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, 

the only Son of God, 
eternally begotten of the Father, 
God from God, Light from Light, 
true God from true God, 
begotten, not made, 
of one Being with the Father. 
Through him all things were made. 
For us and for our salvation 
he came down from heaven: 
by the power of the Holy Spirit 
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, 
and was made man. 
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; 
he suffered death and was buried. 
On the third day he rose again 
in accordance with the Scriptures; 
he ascended into heaven 
and is seated at the right hand of the Father. 
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, 
and his kingdom will have no end. 



We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, 

who proceeds from the Father and the Son. 
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. 
He has spoken through the Prophets. 
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. 
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. 
We look for the resurrection of the dead, 
and the life of the world to come. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment